What is up WordPress fam?! I am back and I am totally excited for this new post because it is about apothecary! I LOVE making my own stuff. I hope that I don’t get bored with doing this because it can be a bit labor intensive at times.
The recipe I used can be found at the Simple Life Mom blogSimple Life Mom blog (I have included the text of the recipe at the bottom of my blog just in case something happens with the link). I love this recipe because it is for one tube rather than a whole batch. There are a lot of recipes out there, so find your favorite and invent your own!
Here is my video. Keep in mind, I did edit the parts where I melted my ingredients in the microwave. I do let you know the timing for the melting, which will vary depending on your microwave.
Here are some photos of my ingredients
- Coconut Oil
- Bentonite Clay
- Arrowroot Powder
- Bees Wax
- Shae Butter (I purchased from my local hair supply store)
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Oil (not pure essential – I had some from the Body Shop. Because I already had it, I decided to use it, but when I am out, I will get 100% pure Tea Tree)
Here is the final product.
Homemade Deodorant by Simple Mom Life
- 1 Tbsp Bentonite Clay
- 5 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tsp Bees Wax
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Shea Butter
- 8-10 drops Essential Oils (more or less depending on the oil and preference)
- Combine bees wax, coconut oil, and shea butter in a glass bowl (or glass measuring cup) and heat over boiling water.
- Stir until melted and all ingredients are combined.
- Combine arrowroot powder, baking powder, and clay in a separate bowl.
- Pour oil mixture into powder mixture and stir until there are no lumps.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Pour into an empty deodorant container and let cool until hardened.